Simple Savings

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Doing What I was Born to Do!

Wow, the Holiday Inn Atrium in Singapore is fabulous. 200 dollars a night including buffet brekky to die for and airport transfers. Fabulous accommodation. Chinatown is wonderful. Very colourful and vibrant. The Pagoda Temple was awesome and inspiring. Flight from Singapore to London was interesting. We were accompanied by 30 16 yr old Hormonal Catholic School girls on way home from sports tour of Oz. Made an interesting journey.

Picked up our hire car at Edinburgh Airport. Vauxhall Corsair. Very nice. Auchterarder is lovely. Allendale House was outstanding B&B. Edinburgh is a fabulous city filled with amazing architecture, and the Military Tattoo was awesome. I will definitely visit Scotland again.

The satnav is the best thing we ever bought. "Emily" is very patient when we make wrong turns. In fact I have decided I want to be Emily. My hubby does everything she tells him to!

Windermere was lovely but I was very weary so didn't make it to Wordsworth's home and Hilltop was closed so missed Beatrix Potter too. All more reason to return one day. Moved on to Whitby and was sad that the accom was not up to our usual standard. However we had two lovely days seeing Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay, and eating yummy fish and chips.

Visited Castle Howard near York on the way to family in Maltby. Yay! got to cuddle my grandsons for the first time in 16 months. Gorgeous! Grown so much.

Several daytrips over the next few days to Magna Centre in Sheffield, Clifton Park in Rotherham, Langold Lake in Notts. Visits to family members each day too. Exhausting but worth it. Arrrggghhh, I hve left my most important medication behind in Melbourne and need to see a doctor here to get a script. Hopefully I will still be alive and kicking later this week. If so I will come back online to continue this update and hopefully be able to post some photos. Bye for now...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks Choccy. Got a couple of stamps for Sam.

    ReplyDelete