Simple Savings

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Crossroads.

So, now let's get down to it. In 2001 I suffered a heart attack. I nearly died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital but got there alive and was very blessed in the fact my friend was on duty that day and she signed off, telling the staff this was her friend and making sure I received the best drugs and treatment available that night. I lost 40% of my heart muscle and was a very sick girl for a while. However my life changed right then and there. It was one of those crossroads moments we all reach at some point. Some make good decisions for the rest of their lives, some don't. I was determined mine would be the best.

I had been a smoker on and off, mostly on, for 34 years. I had also worked all my life, often in stressful jobs and raised a family at the same time. I decided to quit smoking and quit work. To me, this was my wake up call and I was wide awake. No more smoking, or drinking coffee or clocking in and out. Instead I changed my lifestyle, ate much better, exercised more and became a full time wife and mum. It wasn't easy to adjust to one income and I will get to that later but I was determined to manage. Anyway, our income dropped by around $30,000 a year. And on top of that I had this huge desire. Not only had I woken up but the gypsy in me had been reawakened and this time was not about to be ignored. I began devising my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment