Simple Savings

Thursday, July 29, 2010

7 sleeps!

OMG, I can't believe it is only 1 week away. Just bought a laptop bag, only $19 in Kmart. Strong, and plenty of room for a few extra bits and pieces. Booked a 3 hour tour with Viator, to see the Vatican Museums, St Peters, the Cistene Chapel. Very reasonable, too at less than $90 for 2 of us. It is hard to believe we are actually going to be seeing these amazing structures and creations. Dreams are certainly coming true.
Another dream came true today, too. For many years I wanted to write a memoir of my father-in-law. He was a very interesting and eccentric man, who had the ability to frustrate and yet endear you at the same time. Fascinating. Well, I finally finished it and collected it from the printer today. It took much wheedling and threatening to get some of the family members to cough up their memories, and some never did, of course, but it was worth the hassle, and I am very happy with the end result. All 20 copies will be going into the bottom of the suitcase to be distributed among his children and grandchildren in England. I think they will be pleasantly surprised...

1 comment:

  1. Found you :-) I will look forward to keeping up with you on your travels, your photo's of England will probably make me homesick Lol.

    ReplyDelete