Simple Savings

Monday, July 12, 2010

Travel Insurance that doesn't insure you.

So the insurance company said no. They will cover me for my migraine, which I haven't had for 7 years! IF I pay an extra $55 premium. Really? Well don't bother. We will just have to go on faith and make do with the standard insurance cover. I have been really looking after myself recently, lots of long walks, eating very healthily, too, so I am thinking I am quite fit anyway. Who needs 'em.

The passports have arrived! Yay! Well, at least I think so as I had a card to pick up a registered package but was too late to get it today. Can't think it could be anything else.

I have always wanted to travel light. I made my mind up for this trip that we would take carry-on baggage only. A Simple Savings member (see above banner) gave me some tips and I did a practice run packing 7 outfits, all light clothing, undies, socks, PJ's and an evening outfit. Plus a pair of evening shoes. It was exactly 7k in weight. Woohoo! Then I did the same for my hubby. It worked really well. I decided I could manage the digital camera. my make up and toiletries and medication in my handbag, and he could take the video camera, his meds, and toiletries in a small backpack. Perfect! We would travel in jeans, jumper, walking shoes and jacket. I was so pleased with the results!

Then DH told me this week he wants to take his golf shoes and his gym gear! He also thinks we will need more clothing than I have allowed for. So he is insisting on taking a suitcase. Grrr... Now we will spend half our holiday standing around baggage carousels. I am so annoyed. I will get my own back, though! Haha! I will take everything now, so the case will be so heavy, he will be wishing we hadn't. Hmph...

No comments:

Post a Comment